Anchor Bar

age.pedersen

24 Jan, 2019 03:13 PM

Hi. I really like Goalscape, but the Anchor Bar. Is it possible to disable the Anchor Bar?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 24 Jan, 2019 04:29 PM

Hello Åge

Welcome aboard! Thanks for the great feedback – and for your suggestion.

The Anchor Bar, as its name implies, 'anchors' the goal map to ensure a consistent presentation (like the having North at the top of a conventional geographical map). It is also the location for the collapse/expand goal levels controls (down and up arrows).

To see the detail in any area of your project you can use Focus View: double-click on any goal that has subgoals – or use the right-click context menu option or (for the selected goal) the Goal Edit menu option.

If I have misunderstood what you are asking here please post again.

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by age.pedersen on 24 Jan, 2019 09:09 PM

Thank you

I think we are on different planets. Your tool is fantastic, but please remove this anchor. The anchor is of little use. Takes too much focus and space. I really don’t see the point.

Regards
    Åge Pedersen
    Flytoget AS

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 24 Jan, 2019 09:33 PM

Hello Åge

Thanks for the follow-up.

I confirm that I have added your suggestion to the list of features for consideration for the new version. Watch out for announcements!

Best

Richard

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Marcus Baur on 25 Jan, 2019 06:44 AM

Hello Åge,

do you have a suggestion on how to collapse and expand levels without the anchor bar? See attached image. The levels displayed need to correspond to the screen Resolution and the users liking.

regards, Marcus

5. 5 Posted by age.pedersen on 25 Jan, 2019 07:24 AM

Sorry Marcus. I don't think its possible to hide the anchor bar. Your example really shows the disturbing anchor bar. It "destroys" a nice map with unecessary noise. I would prefer to switch the anchor bar on or off. Expanding and collapsing could be done with keyboard shortcut or with a right click menu.

Mr. Parslow, please remove the anchor bar. I love mind mapping and your circle concept is genious.

6. Richard Parslow closed this discussion on 25 Jan, 2019 09:35 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac