Desktop Sync

Anderson

26 Apr, 2019 01:28 PM

I know that currently there is no ability to actively sync desktop and online projects, but are there plans to incorporate this in the future? It would be massively helpful. At a minimum, would there be the ability to perhaps upload and overwrite a currently shared online version but maintain the same sharing settings?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Richard Parslow on 26 Apr, 2019 01:49 PM

Hello Anderson

Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestion here.

You will be pleased to know that we are building a completely new Goalscape: version 3.0 will be a fully cross-platform web app. Watch out for announcements...

In the meantime, for shared Online projects, the original version (already shared with one or more collaborators) should always be the 'master'. Apart from the requirement to re-upload (and re-share) a project that has been downloaded and updated in Desktop, such a process will erase any changes made to the original by others in the meantime.

To access (and update) your shared Online projects when you do not have an internet connection you can use the free companion app Goalscape Mobile (search Google Play or the App Store for 'Goalscape'). Or you can set up your phone as a Mobile WiFi Hotspot and use that to connect a laptop to the internet.

All the best

Richard

2. 2 Posted by Anderson on 26 Apr, 2019 04:47 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. So you're saying v3.0 will, in fact, have that option for syncing between desktop and online?

Any insight as to when you think that will be released?

Another potential suggestion for feature to include would be to search by date comments and progress made across all areas of a project. I have a project spread across multiple departments and periodically will need to provide summaries of progress made across all areas. As far as I can tell, I cannot currently search and isolate inputs made for a given time range. Perhaps a time/date stamp for edits made would solve this? I don't know...

Thank you very much!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Richard Parslow on 26 Apr, 2019 05:38 PM

Hello Anderson

Thanks for the follow-up.

• Goalscape's 'smart search' function at the top of the screen will return results for matching strings in Notes, Comments, Responsible, Tags and Attachment filenames anywhere in the open project or in any other project.

• You can already search for goals by Due Date, using the filter in the Highlight Sidebar. If you have not set Dates on your goals you can enable them in Settings.

• You can also generate a Goal List via the Highlight Sidebar (filtered, if required, by Date, Responsibility or Tag). Select Table View, then re-order the matching goals by Progress. You can export your list via the clipboard.

• Goal Comments include a namestamp and datestamp, so you can ask your collaborators to post a Comment when they make any major changes to a goal (especially when they complete it) – or if they run into a problem that may delay completion. Tip: use the email notifications facility to ensure all those involved in that goal receive a notification of any Comments posted on it (there are more details in the attached pdf).

We do not publish any delivery dates for new versions or new features until they are being tested prior to delivery, so I can only say it will be later this year.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac