Sync Goalscape with MyLifeOrganized

Wolfgang

03 Oct, 2021 07:41 AM

I use MLO (see https://www.mylifeorganized.net/) and am evaluating Goalscape. From what I understand, Goalscape would be an ideal graphical frontend for structuring MLO tasks. For those unfamiliar with MLO, it's a task management software using highly configurable, hierarchically structured task lists.

Essentially, if you pick Goalscapes' root goal and "lift it up", it turns into the root node of a tree structure the leafs of which are the tasks. Now, if we could only have bidirectional synchronization ...

I wonder if anyone has looked into that and what your thoughts are. It sure would be nice to see collaboration rather than reinventing the wheel for a change.

1. 1 Posted by Wolfgang on 03 Oct, 2021 07:51 AM

As an afterthought, I see offline/desktop capability as a must, both for reasons of privacy and flexibility.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Richard Parslow on 03 Oct, 2021 09:00 AM

Hello Wolfgang

Thanks very much for your feedback.

Yes: Goalscape is ideal for providing an overview of the goal hierarchy, visually displaying priorities and progress. You can implement some task management functionality using the Highlight sidebar to filter by Tag (we use the tags 'Now' and 'Next' to focus on our immediate tasks) – and you can generate (and export) a list of matching goals.

Our next major upgrade to Goalscape 3.0 will support a full API, which will make integrations with third party tools much easier. We will start with calendar integration to support scheduling and alerts.

If you only ever want to use Goalscape for solo projects and need to work offline, you can use Goalscape Desktop. You can download the Goalscape Desktop app (the Goalscape Desktop app installers are in the lower part of that page) – that will start a 14-day trial and you can purchase via the links in the application itself.

Enjoy the journey!

Richard

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Goalscape please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac